Building full stack dApps
Matija Pevec, Lead frontend developer at AMPnet
Filip Dujmušić, Smart contracts and Solidity developer, COO at AMPnet
May 23rd, 9:00 - 17:00
This workshop will encompass the full process of developing, testing and deploying decentralized applications (dApps).
Regular web applications work with the somewhat standard technology stack (database, backend services, frontend). The dApp universe, on the other hand, is powered by different infrastructure. The database layer is replaced by the “InterPlanetary File System”, the backend is operated by the “global decentralized computer - EVM” and the frontend interacting with such an app come with its own specifics. This workshop is intended for software developers with basic knowledge of developing web apps (backend, fronted or any other part) but wanting to move or at least get the idea of what web3 development looks like.
Who is it for:
- What knowledge is required from the attendees?
- Minimum: Experience in developing any part of the basic web applications (backend services or frontend)
- Optimal: Understanding of the full tech stack for developing basic web applications (backend, frontend, database)
What level? What background?
- Technical background is assumed for this workshop. It is oriented towards the software developers working on the standard tech stack but wanting to learn more about web3 and dApp development.
What will you learn?
- Develop, test and deploy Solidity smart contracts (dApp backend)
- Use the IPFS as a storage layer (dApp storage)
- Develop and connect the frontend to the dApp (dApp frontend)
- Integrate all of the above into the working product with real-world example
What will you do?
- Take part in every step of the development process
- Setup and work on the basic smart contracts project (develop, build, test, deploy and interact with the smart contracts)
- Develop a more complex smart contracts application to be deployed and integrated with the frontend
- Work on the empty project to understand basic Angular frontend application capable of communicating with the blockchain
- Develop a more complex Angular application and integrate it with the previously deployed smart contracts, try out the frontend and see how it works in production
What will you be able to do with the newly acquired knowledge?
- Easily pivot to the world of web3 development
- Understand the process and where to look at if they want to keep improving in this space
Short Introduction on web3, dapps and what we’re going to cover in the workshop.
- Environment setup.
[Solidity/Smart Contracts, Dev Environment]
- Basic smart contracts development process.
- Project and dependency initialization.
- Smart contracts development, testing, deployment and interaction.
1 h 15 min
[Solidity/Smart Contracts, IPFS storage]
- Designing and developing more complex smart contracts dapp with real-world application.
- Deploying the dapp to the test network.
1 h 15 min
- Introduction to developing, designing and deploying frontend for interacting with dApps.
- Basic example of the frontend app capable of communicating with the blockchain.
1 h 15 min
[Angular complex app]
- Design, develop and deploy the frontend app used to interact with our complex Solidity smart contracts deployed on the test network.
Real world challenges based on the experience of developing dApps.
Useful tools and reading materials when pivoting from web2 to web3.
You need to bring a laptop.
Lunch and coffee breaks are included in the price
Meet your lecturers
Experienced Software Engineer with a demonstrated history of working in various industries such as eCommerce, OTT, Blockchain. Full-Stack Web developer skilled in Angular, Go, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, Java, AWS, Cloud Computing, etc.
Blockchain Engineer. Smart Contracts and Solidity Developer. Building Web3 products & tools at AMPnet. Pile of atoms fighting the entropy.